Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Woe


Dear Diary,

I have a headache. I wish they had something for dog migraines, but I have to tough it out. First, the hot water. It got fixed pretty early which was terrific. I even got a nice warm bath! And the human dad got a nice shower this morning, but alas, no hot water. Again! So Mom sent in another work order and followed it up with a trip to the office with Phoebe and me for cuteness, and they said they would be here in about a half hour. I don't tell time very well, but I think it has been at least four half hours so far. Mom is getting really peeved.

Yesterday, when she was out on the patio putting stuff back in the closet (which did not fit, by the way!) Phoebe was playing with her big blue ball. It just lifted into the air and the wind carried it all the way off our patio into the courtyard and then into someone else's patio. Someone with a small kid! Phoebe was right there in a flash. That girl should be a speed racer and jumper. She hopped over those walls before our Mom could even blink. Oh oh. While it was easy for her to leap over, it would not be so easy for a human to do that. Mom tried calling her back, but Phoebe was possessed by the ball. She gets like that. I tried to slink back into the house so I would not get in trouble, but since I also didn't want Mom to slip and break her neck I thought I should help her chase after Phoebe. Wrong! Man! I didn't do anything wrong, but she yelled at me to get in the house. Talk about rude, Madame!

Anyway, I had fun watching her try to leap over walls to get to Phoebe, and finally Phoebe came back, looking really sad and all. She lost her ball and couldn't get it back over the wall and Mom was so mad at her she didn't even go look for the ball.

Today on our walk I saw it mixed in with the little kid's patio toys so I guess it now belongs to them. Poor Phoebe. If she ever sees it she will be so sad. And mad. I overheard Mom telling Dad that Phoebe cannot have balls on the patio anymore. Oh dear.

See why I have a migraine? No hot water. Again! No balls. And Mom still hasn't had her coffee because she can't leave us alone while waiting for them to get here to fix the hot water. Do they deliver coffee? I found the credit card - I could get take-out!

Let's hope tomorrow is better.

Love, Lulu

ps - don't tell Phoebe about her ball's new home!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! So glad that the girls are well-trained with their recall command. I'd be heartbroken if anything happened to L & P!

    As you know, Abigail is similarly obsessed with balls. We got her her first Holee Roller about two weeks ago. I don't think her (or my) life will ever be the same. She is wholly in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bye-bye blueball. I hope the small child enjoys you half as much as P did.

    Marni from Woof

    ReplyDelete