Thursday, February 26, 2009

We Love Cleanup Day

Dear Diary,

Lulu here. Yesterday was just so interesting. I knew it was chauffeur day because my mom starts cleaning up before the clean up people come to the house to clean up, and we go out so we aren't in the way.

All our toys get picked up and my Mom cleans the lint off of our nylabones. We don't like that. The lint is actually the tastiest part of the thing. Until you get it full of lint and floor stuff it really does taste kind of dull and an awful lot like vanilla pudding without the bourbon.

Before we leave Phoebe always pretends to vacuum with the Dyson. Personally I leave the vacuuming to the professionals, or at least to someone who weighs more than the Dyson, but Phoebe doesn't seem to be afraid.

Then she gets our harnesses on and off to the limo we go. Since it was a nice day we didn't get bundled in blankets which is good because it is awfully hard to bark with any seriousness when you look like ET. I really hate when people next to us at the stoplight point and laugh when we are barking at them. We look much more effective without the blankets with tiny bunnies on them. And it would also work much better if Phoebe would stop licking the windows and wiggling at them while I am busy barking.

I love clean up day. It comes so seldom, but when it does we get a day full of treats and stuff. First we go to some place where they have recently walked the children and if we are terribly lucky, we get to follow the same path as the children who drop cheerios everywhere. Mom doesn't like us to eat them, but we take turns distracting her. Phoebe will pull in one direction while I dumpster dive for the cheerios and then I pull in the other direction so Phoebe can get a few. If my mom knew how much we actually cooperate with each other we could get in really big trouble! Don't tell her please!!!

Then we get to sit on fluffy mats and watch people while my Mom pretends to drink coffee. Because we can't go into the coffee stores with her, she always misses out on a coffee when we go out with her. I should really explain to her that there is a walk up window there but she always seems to forget. I am torn, Diary. If I pull her to the window, we will miss the cheerios. But I get a tiny tug of guilt when I see her pretend to lift a pretend cup to her lips and see the longing in her eyes every time someone walks by with a steaming hot cup of high test. Oh, and if she gets a cappuccino, we get the top foam. But I still think cheerios are better. Don't tell her that either, ok?

It was a long day yesterday. She spent days in the grocery while we slept. I know that is the day she buys all the goodies for our giant meatloaf casserole and I love the smell of the stuff when she parks the bags under our seats. Our noses stay pretty busy trying to guess which batch she is going to make this time. It smelled an awful lot like steak and potatoes but I don't think she buys us steak. Or potatoes. I guess I just must have been hungry. Cheerios does that. You have a bunch and an hour later you are hungry again.

This may sound boring to you Diary, but this is the best day of the week ever. The next day when she makes our food is the 2nd best day. We get to help. I will tell you how that worked out tomorrow.

Hugs and kisses,

Lulu

No comments:

Post a Comment